Red and Green Donuts to Help Usher in Kwanzaa
The holidays are a great time to teach kids and each other about the many cultural traditions people celebrate. Our new Donut Bundle features our delicious Red Velvet Donut and our new green-colored Peppermint-flavored donut, which is naturally colored with Spirulina (a green superfood).
Red and green donuts are a great table topper for a Kwanzaa celebration, which is traditionally celebrated Dec. 26 to Jan. 1. The holiday was established in 1966 to help African Americans remember and celebrate their heritage. The word "Kwanzaa" comes from the Swahili language and means "first fruits''. Each day of the seven days is dedicated to one of "The Seven Principles of Kwanzaa", which are
- Umoja - to maintain unity in the family and community
- Kujichagulia - self-determination, to be responsible and speak for oneself
- Ujima - collective work and responsibility, to build and maintain a community
- Ujamaa - economic co-operation, to help and profit one another
- Nia - purpose, to build and develop the community for the benefit of the people
- Kuumba - creativity, to do everything possible to leave the community more beautiful and beneficial for future generations
- Imani - faith, to believe in parents, teachers and leaders.
Whether you celebrate Kwanzaa or not, our Donut Bundle is a great way to share with friends and family this holiday season